Login or register to view the forum.
Enjoy your stay.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Small Town Folk :: Enemy Territory
Welcome to Small Town Folk.
Login or register to view the forum.
Enjoy your stay.
Small Town Folk :: Enemy Territory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News & Updates: Recruiting/ETpro server! Read or receive a spanking!

+6
HypoThermia
Djigi
zzaps
Ice.Cube'
Blaze
Roadkill
10 posters

Go down

News & Updates: Recruiting/ETpro server! Read or receive a spanking! Empty News & Updates: Recruiting/ETpro server! Read or receive a spanking!

Post by Roadkill Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:12 pm

#1 ETpro server
Since our ETpro team(s) are getting into serious business now, Im thinking of buying us an ETpro server!
I came across this very cheap host today, http://www.ycn-hosting.eu
20slots ETpro public server for only EUR 12.50 each month. BUT, as I'm getting tired of paying for everything around here xD I was wondering (hoping) some members could donate a bit of money. Cause, if this server comes, that would make the total costs of the clan for me around the $150 every 3 months, and I mean, I like our community, clan, and all the people, but not THAT much Laughing
I dont have any experiences with this hosting company, so to try it out I would host our ETpro server there. If it turns out they're reliable, good service, connection, etc. I might move our public Jaymod server there too, and maybe order an ETpro matchserver too.
Ohyeah, come to think of it, what do you guys want first? Public ETpro, or private matchserver?

Okay that was my first point of discussion.

#2 Recruitment
The confusion about the recruiting status: Recruiting is not closed, nor fully open. I've decided to slightly change our way of taking on new members (With thanks to MaxXxkiller for the suggestion/idea). I'm satisfied with the current amount of members, and the activity on most of them. From now on, the 3 votes => trial system is over. We will only take on around 2/3 members each month. If someone applies, he/she has to be active, polite, follow the rules, active on the forum etc, just as we expect in a future member, and impress us that way. At the end of each month, I will discuss the applicants with a couple of people in the clan I regularly discuss other thing with as well, and decide who we're gonna give a change to prove us he/she is worth the title stf member. Trial period will increase with a week or 2, making that 3 to 4 weeks of trial. There will be a members-only viewing&posting section added to the forum soon, where all members are also able to discuss who they think should be allowed in, but the final decision from now on will always, I repeat ALWAYS come from me. There have been a few issues in the past of members getting a trial before I even got the chance to read their application or play with them.

#3 Ventrilo server
For the people that haven't read it yet, Small Town Folk now has a Ventrilo server.
25 Slots, Ventrilo 3.0. More info can be found here!

#4 Lowconquer Tournament
Both Team Razzia/our #1st ETpro team, and Team Rnbw/our #2nd ETpro team are participating in the Lowconquer Tournament.
They have until the 2nd of February to play the 2 group matches, and hopefully make it into the Play-off's. All wish them luck, and I'll post the results here on the main page on that 2nd of February.

That's it so far, Thanks all for reading! Any questions I get after this regarding anything I've clearly explained in this news post will be answered with a smack to the head Very Happy No but seriously, everyone cut me some slack, and please take the effort to read this! xD
Roadkill
Roadkill
Leader
Leader

Male
Number of posts : 2196
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.smalltownfolk.org

Back to top Go down

News & Updates: Recruiting/ETpro server! Read or receive a spanking! Empty Re: News & Updates: Recruiting/ETpro server! Read or receive a spanking!

Post by Blaze Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:36 pm

Match server =D not public Wink Lets fill our jaymod first, cause it's empty lots of times, or just playing few players in it Wink
Also I'm willing to donate like €5,- a month or so Wink it's not much but more than average members here Razz And also i'm just a scholar which works hard for its money Razz
Maybe we can look for sponsors as well or sth?? Razz
And thnx for making things clear round the recruiting Razz heard different stories all the time and couldnt really give an answer to all the people asking Razz
Blaze
Blaze

Male
Number of posts : 3703
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

News & Updates: Recruiting/ETpro server! Read or receive a spanking! Empty Re: News & Updates: Recruiting/ETpro server! Read or receive a spanking!

Post by Roadkill Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:45 pm

No, I'd think public server first. To practice playing ETpro, public means more players => more motivation for the members to go and play ETpro, on an empty matchserver. If this server/host is satisfying we can order a second private server there, 20 slots ETpro for only 10 euro each month. Until then, we can either parasite on other clan's servers, and perhaps abuse an Anti server for our purposes ;D or just lock the public ETpro, load the certified matchsettings, et voila, matchserver.

Public ETpro is something totally different from Jaymod, so it doesn't really relate to our Jaymod server being filled up or not. Our server (and not just ours, Dawgs, bTc etc) are all having a little bit of a bad time, due to the current exams, gcse's, etc in all of europe. That explains the slight less amount of players recently. ETpro = other players = other opportunities, new experiences, personal improvements in gaming style, etc.

Sponsors, I don't know. We're not a 'Pro' clan, but a Public clan with a (new) small ETpro matchdivision. So I don't think theres a big chance of getting sponsored. But I mean, We have 20+ members, if everyone just donates a little bit, it would be enough to pay for a part of the costs Razz

Discuss!
Roadkill
Roadkill
Leader
Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:54 pm

yeah oke Razz and mabey the locking idea is good enough Wink but we can also just play etpro on other clan's public servers Wink Razz
Blaze
Blaze

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice.Cube' Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:15 pm

I am also willing to donate like 1-3 E. (lol this pc dont got that euro sign) if someone would take the time to explain to me how that is done.
Even if you guys don't decide to give me some room in the clan I could posibly donate from time to time.
I know that 1-3E isn't much, but at the time being I don't have so much money to use, being a student and so...
So if you guys want some donating, explain to me how that is done.

Btw.
A new server, EtPro would be good for us, since we're getting really into scrims now Very Happy
So it sounds like you got a really good idea there Tom. Smile
And, cya all soon.

**EDIT 10:23 **
Forgot something.
About the recruiting I agree. Since I am not a member yet myself, I guess it doesn't count that much what I say, but issues could be made right?
--
In my opinion I think it could be a better thought that we had like road said, 2 / 3 applicants each month, but my little add-on was: maybe the members of the clan could promote those who want to join, in that way we know that someone in the clan have gain some trust in that person. For me that is more of a reliable source, than he applicant saying he got certain friends within the clan. Well, its just how we did it, in my previous clan, so its just my opinion on the case Very Happy

Oki Doki, its time for some lecture over here, so I quit it there.

-Vic.

Last edited by Ice.Cube' on Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add something to my post.)
Ice.Cube'
Ice.Cube'

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadkill Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:31 pm

All the small bits help Very Happy When I see you on xfire I'll explain it to you (also others that wish to donate, contact me on xfire on the how-to.

I guess it doesn't count that much what I say
Ofcourse it does, I listen to everyone :]

And thats pretty much what I had in mind too, when I meant the new 'private' forum section. Members can discuss and promote the people they wish to be the next upcoming trials there Cool
Roadkill
Roadkill
Leader
Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice.Cube' Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:14 pm

I am leaving today at 16:00,
I am at the airport now waiting for my depature. It takes to long with a car, or by train. And the school payed this, since it moved a month before it was supposed Very Happy

Cu soon. Smile
Ice.Cube'
Ice.Cube'

Female
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Hehe nice Razz but were u going to? Razz
Blaze
Blaze

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zzaps Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:08 pm

ok, thanks for clearing stuff up Very Happy

you know me & bazz will donate some, as soon as you give me your bankaccount-number ( I dont have paypal xD )
zzaps
zzaps
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Male
Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://www.team-razzia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Djigi Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:11 pm

Well public is pointless actually. The only thing you can do is get used to the ETpro hitboxes (if the the right config is loaded). But aim won't matter that much right now, it's just the way how you play.
A lot of people are not used to scrims yet and you won't lose the matches becaus of your aim, but mostly because you are doing stuff wrong. If you get better at scrimming, then you should start to worry about your aim.

Yes We Can!
Djigi
Djigi
stf.Member
stf.Member

Male
Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by HypoThermia Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Sorry for racking up an "old" post, but just to add something to what Djigi said.

Tactics are usually the key to winning a scrim, even if you have to sacrifice yourself as a decoy for example. If you and your team get your tactics sorted for each map (defending and attacking), including anticipating on your enemies' strategy, then you should start working on your aim, which is where public etpro servers come in handy.
Good ways to "learn" scrimming are watching scrims being done from spectator / shoutcaster and obviously, playing a lot of scrims yourself. Work out for yourself what suits your playing style best, blend that with the rest of your teams qualities, and try to cover as much of your teams weakness as possible.

Just my 2 cents on ETPro scrims and such, from own experience.
I suppose most of the stf. people already know this but i still wanted to post this in a public part of the forums.

Hope this doesnt cause any ruckus cause i revived an old post!

HypoThermia

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:32 am

haha no it wont Wink

Thnx for the advise! =)
Blaze
Blaze

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Grr Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:36 am

I am also willing to donate like 1-3 E. (lol this pc dont got that euro sign) if someone would take the time to explain to me how that is done.
Even if you guys don't decide to give me some room in the clan I could posibly donate from time to time.
I know that 1-3E isn't much, but at the time being I don't have so much money to use, being a student and so...
So if you guys want some donating, explain to me how that is done.

Btw.
A new server, EtPro would be good for us, since we're getting really into scrims now News & Updates: Recruiting/ETpro server! Read or receive a spanking! Icon_biggrin
So it sounds like you got a really good idea there Tom. News & Updates: Recruiting/ETpro server! Read or receive a spanking! Icon_smile
And, cya all soon.

**EDIT 10:23 **
Forgot something.
About the recruiting I agree. Since I am not a member yet myself, I guess it doesn't count that much what I say, but issues could be made right?
--
In my opinion I think it could be a better thought that we had like road said, 2 / 3 applicants each month, but my little add-on was: maybe the members of the clan could promote those who want to join, in that way we know that someone in the clan have gain some trust in that person. For me that is more of a reliable source, than he applicant saying he got certain friends within the clan. Well, its just how we did it, in my previous clan, so its just my opinion on the case News & Updates: Recruiting/ETpro server! Read or receive a spanking! Icon_biggrin

Oki Doki, its time for some lecture over here, so I quit it there.

-Vic.

Do ALT + 0128

Grr

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadkill Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:54 am

Welcome to the forum Grr.
Please check the post date before replying to a topic. (this one is from jan/feb 09)

Thanks for the alt code though, I always forget it. ^^
Roadkill
Roadkill
Leader
Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:49 am

Lol ^^
Blaze
Blaze

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KonZa^^ Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:55 pm

TL;DR
I can donate smth for STF =) (not much because of unempoloyment)
Iban and swift? Other info I might need?

KonZa^^
stf.Trial Member
stf.Trial Member

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabbelvis Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Hehe nice

Sabbelvis

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Halva Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Not anymore member i think so.... News & Updates: Recruiting/ETpro server! Read or receive a spanking! 476308

Halva
stf.Member
stf.Member

Male
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Lol sabbel.. with saying beeing more active in other topics i didnt mean to revive old ones!!!
Blaze
Blaze

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabbelvis Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:32 pm

XDD

Sabbelvis

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down