Small Town Folk :: Enemy Territory
Welcome to Small Town Folk.
Login or register to view the forum.
Enjoy your stay.

Clan news: major updates! READ EVERYONE.

Go down

Clan news: major updates! READ EVERYONE.

Post by Roadkill on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:34 pm

Hey everyone, I have a couple of things to discuss. Before I start, please click 'Full Article' to read everything. (Just a note for the less intelligent out there Very Happy)

- About the 2 servers
- Scrim teams
- Updated server rules
- Clan tag & colors

About the two servers
Because of the couple of days downtime on our 'old' server recently, I ordered us a backup server at a different company, because I can't say im THAT satisfied with gameservers.net. As of 29-11-2008, the contract of the stf # Custom Maps will end. I can then choose to pay for another 3-month term, or don't pay, and the server will go offline. The way things are right now, I'm not able to pay for both servers (+/- 140 every 3 months) because I dropped out of college recently, therefor will lose my income (studiefinanciering), and don't have a job yet. So I don't think I can spare the EUR 68,97 I will have to come up with somewhere in the upcoming 2 weeks, to maintain the 'first' server, the holland-based one. (other one is based in London, UK. therefor you might have a slightly higher ping than you used to, dont worry, its not your pc/connection) So basically I have a few questions to you all:
- Do you want to keep both servers?
- If you do, are you able to donate in the server costs, so we can maintain the server? (simple maths: if each member would donate about 5 euro every 3 months (which is pretty much nothing, right?) we can keep both servers. People who are willing to donate, please contact me at road@disillusional.nl, or PM me on here. PayPal, cash, banktransfer, anything is welcome!
- If we keep both servers, which mod would you prefer on server 2? Go here.

Scrim teams
I know you have all been waiting for this, and its finally happened. I've assigned a scrim team leader, stf.zzAps#.
He will decide who's gonna get in the team and who doesn't, and how he's gonna handle things. Don't come complaining to me if you don't agree on something. Also, I don't want any discussions on assigning this position to him either, I have my reasons. Don't like it? Too bad Very Happy

Also, due to the size of the clan, I've been thinking of setting up a second scrim team, but I'd like to discuss that first with the person I have in mind of becoming captain of that team.

So, if you want to be on the scrim team, you should go impress zzaps. Or bribe him, who knows, it just might work. XD
There will be a seperate forum for the scrim team, where they can post & discuss related matters.

Updated server rules
Because there has been some confusion on the server rules, I've made a few changes, and I'm gonna try to explain a few things.

- The no-sk rule.
Spawnkilling is NOT allowed, on both servers. Whats considered spawnkilling? Well, for example artillery/mortars/airstrikes on a open spawn (1st allied spawn in oasis for example?), artillery/mortars/airstrikes right in front of the ONLY exit of a spawn. So artillery on the path above the fuel dump entrance gate is NOT considered spawnkilling, as there's another exit. Throwing poison or smoke gas grenades in the spawn isnt allowed either. You're allowed to enter the enemy spawn, and shoot if someone shoots you, BUT you're not allowed to wait for people to spawn, and then kill them, or kill afk people in spawn. This is only with NON-CAPTURABLE spawns, else it would be impossible to capture the flag. When trying to capture a spawn, please, DO go for the flag, and don't just pop in and out to kill a few people, without capturing the flag, and then try to hide behind the 'its a capturable spawn' rule. So, artillery, mortars, airstrikes, and poison gas are NOT allowed in capturable spawns either. I hope this is clear now for everyone! Smile

- Language
On the stf # Custom Maps server, the only two allowed languages are Dutch and English. Warn, then mute, if the rule isn't followed.
On the stf # Basic Maps server on the other hand, as of today, the only language in main chat will be ENGLISH. This because alot of the non-dutch regulars and members feel left out when everyone's speaking dutch. Also, because the server is based in London, and alot more non-dutch players play on that server. Please follow the rules, and set an example as stf.members. If you really have to talk dutch, please do so through private messages, or fireteam chat. Medic

- Admin abuse
There's still a few members out there, who putteam, rename, splat, lol, etc. other players without them asking for it. Do NOT, I repeat NOT let me catch anyone doing that again, or I will set you back an adminlevel. Meaning: Trial members can be set back to regulars, they fail their trial; and regular members CAN be set back to Trial members.

Clan tag & color
I'm gonna keep this very short, just one simple question:
- How satisfied is everyone with the clan's tag & colors? Please rate 1 to 5.

Thank you all for reading this! Hope to hear from everyone soon! (Please answer the questions I asked in this article in a comment/reply!) Very Happy

Last edited by Roadkill on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Roadkill
Leader
Leader

Male
Number of posts : 2196
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.smalltownfolk.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan news: major updates! READ EVERYONE.

Post by Shadowcat69 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Hiya. Wink

So, 1st question :

"- Do you want to keep both servers?"
If that have a weight on your money, I won't ask you to keep both server. Smile

"- How satisfied is everyone with the clan's tag & colors? Please rate 1 to 5."
I give 2/5 to the colors and 4/5 to the tag. Why ?

-Because I don't like blue colors. How simple ! xD
-I like the tag, cuz it's really annoying to see tags like "Super Soldier Sniper", "We Kill You", "E.T pro's", etc. No, Small Town Folks tag is a good tag, wich show how gentle and goods are the members, not bighaded at all. Very Happy
Shadowcat69
stf.Member
stf.Member

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-10-30

View user profile http://www.newgrounds.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zzaps on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:00 am

- Spawnkillrule:
Good, I will be the first one to enforce it, like I already do ^^

I don't think we need 2 servers, both servers will be half-empty all the time.. [unless we take something like 1 ETpro & 1 NQ, so we can really pub-play on NQ, and play serious on ETpro]

Me & BaZz can pay a fee for the servers, if Road decide to keep both.

"- How satisfied is everyone with the clan's tag & colors? Please rate 1 to 5."
4? good for a pub-clan : )D

@ETpro:
I will start my duties when we get the new forumsection online. Everyone who wants a shot at the team, make sure you got me on xfire: welmerdirk

My Crossfire Profile xfire: welmerdirk
zzaps
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Male
Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-10-11

View user profile http://www.team-razzia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadkill on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:42 am

I don't think we need 2 servers, both servers will be half-empty all the time.. [unless we take something like 1 ETpro & 1 NQ, so we can really pub-play on NQ, and play serious on ETpro]

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Keep the uk-server either JayMod or NoQuarter, and make the other one, the old one ETpro for practice, war, etc. And when not needed for either one of those, throw in a ETpro-scrim maps cycle for public (serious) play?

Roadkill
Leader
Leader

Male
Number of posts : 2196
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.smalltownfolk.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Zebra<3 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Well here is my oppinion:

1.Servers:
*Yes, i would like to see that we keep the old server, and turn it ET PRO
[I agree with roady basicly:D]
*Also i am prepared to pay for the server at any time!

2.Rules:
*Yeah! Finally the SK.thingy is sorted out XD
Since i had some arguments with one of the members i am
glad that this has sorted out lol!

3.Clan tags:
I like them personally so.. cherry
Tho i tend to play without tags, or have random tags..
So here is my question:
Can i use random tags, or even play without them? Cuse some people had some issues with it..

4.Activity of some members:
Well i am just expressing my opinion so dont get all Evil or Very Mad on me!

Since Stf. has 50 members[Wooot!], and i havent seen/meet 3/4 of them Shocked
it would be nice if you/they could try to come on the server more often..

I know a lot of you have jobs/school, well LIFE in general XD But at least come and say hello lol!

Ok sorry for the long message XD I know i talk too much Razz

<3 George aka Zebra<3
Zebra<3

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:34 pm

@ server topic:
- Road, it's your money... its only a waste of money when keeping 2 servers while they both are half full
I thought about donating money a few times, you will hear from me later on that topic Wink

@ tags:
- Like the tags how they are now, just everybody has to get same ones Wink 5

@ Scrimm teams:

- Hehe, finally XD Congratz zzAps! Wink
Blaze

Male
Number of posts : 3703
Registration date : 2008-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeMoN on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:01 pm

Zebra<3 wrote:Well here is my oppinion:

1.Servers:
*Yes, i would like to see that we keep the old server, and turn it ET PRO
[I agree with roady basicly:D]
*Also i am prepared to pay for the server at any time!

2.Rules:
*Yeah! Finally the SK.thingy is sorted out XD
Since i had some arguments with one of the members i am
glad that this has sorted out lol!

3.Clan tags:
I like them personally so.. cherry
Tho i tend to play without tags, or have random tags..
So here is my question:
Can i use random tags, or even play without them? Cuse some people had some issues with it..

4.Activity of some members:
Well i am just expressing my opinion so dont get all Evil or Very Mad on me!

Since Stf. has 50 members[Wooot!], and i havent seen/meet 3/4 of them Shocked
it would be nice if you/they could try to come on the server more often..

I know a lot of you have jobs/school, well LIFE in general XD But at least come and say hello lol!

Ok sorry for the long message XD I know i talk too much Razz

<3 George aka Zebra<3

firstly id like to apologize for me still not being able to come on the servers, as ACER seem to think that i tampered with the computers bios.... which i blatently didnt and have been investigating it for a long while, so i still dont have my laptop Sad
but i think it will be 3 days max .

Stf has 50 members , O M F G , thats a loooooot!

the idea of 5 every 3 months seems very reasonable , after christmas i should be able to donate some moneys cause i have all christmas presents to buy and stuff and there is sooo many 18th birthday partys , and they have left me so poor lol!

at the tags.... i like them, very much and have seem many variations of them too , like evelines pink one Razz but im not sure how u going to get all members to change tags , since some dont even know how to exec them XD

laterz Smile

LeMoN
stf.High Member
stf.High Member

Male
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowcat69 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:58 pm

LeMoN wrote:at the tags.... i like them, very much and have seem many variations of them too , like evelines pink one Razz but im not sure how u going to get all members to change tags , since some dont even know how to exec them XD

*Show tongue* bounce
Shadowcat69
stf.Member
stf.Member

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-10-30

View user profile http://www.newgrounds.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:58 am

Roadkill wrote:
Scrim teams
I know you have all been waiting for this, and its finally happened. I've assigned a scrim team leader, stf.zzAps#.
He will decide who's gonna get in the team and who doesn't, and how he's gonna handle things. Don't come complaining to me if you don't agree on something. Also, I don't want any discussions on assigning this position to him either, I have my reasons. Don't like it? Too bad Very Happy

Also, due to the size of the clan, I've been thinking of setting up a second scrim team, but I'd like to discuss that first with the person I have in mind of becoming captain of that team.

So, if you want to be on the scrim team, you should go impress zzaps. Or bribe him, who knows, it just might work. XD
There will be a seperate forum for the scrim team, where they can post & discuss related matters.

Hmm... while reading the applies of Vane and that guy with the strange name I forget all the time Razz I remembered i wanted to re-open this topic already like Yesterday or so, but forgot Razz

Cause I'd like to scrimm with a small group (even fun scrimms, not really competing but just for the teamwork/teambuilding within a clan and make rules and tactics etc. for later ) only the team of our beloved zzAps#. never ever came into existance Sad

So euhh maybe U have to think about it again Road Wink but I know lots of people would like it Wink
Blaze

Male
Number of posts : 3703
Registration date : 2008-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down